3D Platform (3DP), a manufacturer of large-format, industrial-strength 3D machines, has produced a High Flow Extruder (HFE300) that quadruples the volumetric throughput of 3DP’s previous generation of extruders, making it the fastest 2.85 mm spool-fed extruder on the market.
- Quadruples the volumetric throughput of 3DP’s previous generation of extruders to 70 mm³/s.
- Comes standard with the 3DP 300 Series WorkbenchPro and, as an upgrade option, for the 100 Series WorkTable and 200 Series WorkbenchClassic.
- Uses commercially available 2.85 mm filament.
- Features a gear reduction transmission that prevents filament stripping and slipping.
- Print layer resolutions down to 50 microns.
3D Platform’s new line of high flow extruders and 6 mm diameter filament reduce print times and increase throughput from 2 kg/day to 2 kg/hr. Using larger filament also allows customers to print stronger parts.
“Our new line of quick-swap dual extruder heads deliver high quality 3D prints and are independently controlled for speed and extruded material amounts,” says Jonathan Schroeder, President of 3D Platform. “They are the fastest filament extruders on the market, and can accommodate filament sizes from 1.75 mm to 3 mm and nozzle sizes from .2 mm to 2.5 mm.”
Joe Baker from 3D Platform discusses the benefits of their new extruder range at Rapid.
ARVE Error: src mismatch
src in: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ybNIyXh5MhE?feature=oembed&enablejsapi=1&origin=https://rapid3d.co.za
src gen: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ybNIyXh5MhEActual comparison
src in: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ybNIyXh5MhE?enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Frapid3d.co.za
src gen: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ybNIyXh5MhE