New features in this release provide you with new and efficient workflows for reverse engineering complex designs. Improve your modeling speed across common and challenging parts.
LiveTransfer to Latest CAD Software Versions
The following CAD applications are now supported in LiveTransfer:
- SOLIDWORKS 2022
- Inventor 2021, 2022, and 2023
- Creo 8.0, 9.0
- Creo Parametric 4.0 M150
- NX 1899, 1926, 1953 Series
Improvements to Sketch Tools
Increase your productivity through improved sketching tools allowing you to:
- Draw centred rectangles.
- Replace target mesh when creating or updating mesh sketch.
- Choose display type for circular dimension.
- Define the midpoint constraint between line/arc and point.
Scanner / Probe Support
With additional hardware support in Scanner Direct Control and LiveCapture, you can now:
- Directly scan objects in Design X using the Hexagon Structured Light Scanner interface.
- Use Scanner Direct Control support for Shining 3D Einscan scanner.
- Probe using Faro Quantum Max/S + LLP XR/HD.
- Use a Leica AT960 tracker + Absolute AS1 scanner.
Improvements to Modelling Tools
Improvements to the Loft and Exact Surfacing Tools now enable you to:
- Define connectors to have more control over the loft feature definition.
- Choose form options to control tangency for guide curves for Surface Loft command.
- Save time by reusing auto-surface patch networks when creating surface patches manually.
Use the new Region Segmentation algorithm from Design X 2022 to improve the quality of region segmentation for a mesh tessellated from CAD. You get a high-quality region segmentation for the CAD mesh model thanks to a newly added CAD Tessellation Mesh option.
This release also includes the following functionality improvements
- File Import
- Auto-Save & Recovery
- Smart Selection
- Accuracy Analyser
- Probed Geometry during Alignment
- User Experience
In addition to the 2022 enhancements, this release includes 99 updates.
Utilise a software for reverse engineering that blends history-based CAD with 3D scan data processing to convert actual components into digital parametric CAD models. In order to build feature-based, editable solid models that are compatible with your current CAD programme, you can use Geomagic® Design X™, developed by Oqton, which combines history-based CAD with 3D scan data processing.